Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Response to "Tormented Doctor Tunrs to Directing"

Like Andrea, I too am a fan of House. Oddly enough, I was watching "The Man in the Iron Mask" - the Leonardo DiCaprio version - and I noticed Hugh Laurie made a brief cameo. Although he was playing a French liaison to King Louie, he was speaking in a British accent. I was admittedly surprised - he speaks so well with an "American" accent.

I'm glad that Bill Carter brought that element of Laurie's persona into the article. There are always certain tricks of the trade (accent, acting styles/preferences) that interest me. Overall, however, I agree with Andrea - a large portion of the article read like a commercial for the show. Personally, I'd rather know more personal details about the actor that I wouldn't realize from watching the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment