Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Response to Anna's Park Trades Center

Pretty cool stuff going on in the Park Trades Center. I like how Anna organized the piece: she opens with a few details so that you can begin imagining the building itself, then gives a brief backstory/history, and concludes with multiple descriptions and observations of the various art studios/projects housed within the building. Honestly, I have very little to add.

I suppose I'd like to hear about the flow of the building. Sometimes, when I think "art studio," I think of somewhere quiet, like a museum almost. With so many different studios, I'm left wondering about the foot traffic or the inter-artist relationships between workers/volunteers/artists. Is the place busy? Are there a lot of people? Does it feel vibrant, alive, so creative that it's bursting with energy and enthusiasm, or is it more the museum/collection kind of feel.

Regardless, an excellent draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment