Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Response to John's Profile

Just in the opening of the piece, I really liked John's details of the barbershop itself - the location, the jackets, and flag that gets caught in the shrub. I can really see it in my mind's eye. Great job. Even continuing through the profile, with the barbershop stations decorated by the barbers themselves - really great attention to detail that puts me inside the shop.

After reading the profile, however, I wondering whether there's an inherent conflict in the story. I like the attention to detail, and I feel like I really get a sense of the shop, but I"m wondering if there's anything else to Eddie or the business in general. Maybe talk about the feel of the barbershop when you walk in, some of the other barbers and their relationship to Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment