Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Response to "Making a Success of Her Messiness on Two Coasts"

I kind of like this profile. I say 'kind of' because I'm surprised at myself. Here I am, usually drawn to longer pieces of 14 and 15 pages, and I can't help but enjoy this shorter piece by David Rooney. I feel that enough quotations were given to reveal a bit of Elizabeth's heart, her spirit in all of this "mess." At the same time, I'm not overwhelmed by her quotes - they're smooth transitions between Rooney's details and descriptions.

I also like how light it was - not a very heavy read. Although heavy reads are good - they're thought provoking and whatnot - I don't mind a short profile that's both entertaining and informative about a specific person or place. I think this piece accomplished that quite well. Well done, short profile. huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment