Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Response to Simona's Profile

I really enjoyed the flow of this piece. I like how it was told from the journalist's perspective - how Simona puts herself into the story a bit. During the first line of quotations, however, when Kelly is on the phone with ... someone, is that someone Darren? When he meets them on the veranda afterwards, I assume it was him, but I'm not entirely sure. Maybe that could be more fully expressed.

Also, I'm curious as to the focus of the profile. Is it about the Strutt itself as a venue and a coffeeshop/bar, or is it about the people that run it, Darren and Kelly. I like how it reads, I'm never bored or confused, so I would be okay with a piece that's half about the people and half about the place, but I'm just curious from a reader's standpoint, which is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment