Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Response to Joel's Meeting the Band draft

I've always like pieces about music. Having played in a couple high school/local bands, I really miss that scene; reading about it is always fun. There were a couple questions I had, however.

1. How many members are in the band, what are their names, and what instruments does each band member play. Because this band seeks to remain undefined/uncategorized, I think knowing their instruments would help give the reader a feel for their kind of music. Maybe.

2. How old are the band members? Are they in school? Are they full-time musicians? Maybe they have part-time jobs. I think I lot of what goes in to maintaining a local band is all the background stuff - all the side jobs and meager checks that allow a band like this to survive in the local music scene.

3. I'm also curious about what kind of venues they play in or where they're from. I assume they're from Kalamazoo, but I'm not sure. I could guess which Kalamazoo venues they prefer, and as I'm imaging said venues, I can try to categorize their sound, their style. If, however, they're playing shows in Grand Rapids or Ann Arbor or Lansing, then I'm lost.

Overall and interesting piece. I'm really excited for Joel to flesh some of this out, maybe include a link to their myspace or purevolume??? If they have one that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment